CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June News

A lot has happened this month, since I last blogged.

I have been teaching summer school since June 1st, and tomorrow is already my last day. I have had a fun group of mainly 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. After tomorrow I officially will be on summer vacation, and will not be back to work until sometime around October!

On June 12th, I had my 32 week pre-natal checkup. My Dr. said everything is looking fine, and that I just have to take it easy for the next two weeks so I don't go into labor in Aniak. I will be moving into Anchorage sometime around July 12th to wait for baby Ryder to be born.


On June 13th, I did the Alaska Run for Women, which supports breast cancer research. I did the run/walk with Grace (Ronnie's mom) Sam (Ronnie's Aunt), Rhiannon (Ronnie's sis), and then one of Sam's friends. Grace, Sam, and Sam's friend ran and walked, while me and Rhiannon had Alana in her stroller, so we had to start out in the back, and could only walk---which is all I could do anyway at 8 months pregnant! We all did really well. The race is 5 miles, and there were over 5,400 women running/walking. Grace, & Sam finished the race in 1314 place, with a time of about 70 minutes, and Rhiannon and I finished in 1558, and 1559 place, with a time of about 95 minutes. Mostly I was just happy I made it the whole five miles! The rest of the day we had a pretty tough time walking around to shop, and get errands done. I fell asleep early, and slept the hardest I have in months--didn't even get up one time to go the bathroom!

Rhiannon, was getting the smallest member of team Ta-tas ready for the race (she ended up sleeping the whole 5 miles!)

Rhiannon, Grace, Alana and me posing for a picture before the run!



After the race, Uppa Chuck took us to breakfast at Jackie's Place. Alana was being a big girl in the high chair :)

A couple weeks ago Ronnie and I started talking about the possibility of getting married before we have the baby. Since we plan on getting married anyway, it made sense to us to just do it now, and then have a larger celebration next summer when I'm not pregnant. So, I went to the courthouse, and got the marriage license paperwork, and before we knew it we had a wedding date set up for June 19th, 2009! Which means in just 2 days I will be getting married in the Aniak Courthouse! Ronnie asked his friend Richie Diehl to be his official witness, and I asked Rhiannon to be mine. Ronnie's parents are going to have a bbq for us at their house, with a wedding cake after the ceremony. It should be a fun day! We even hired a photographer to take pictures, so I'll post some of those in my next entry.

In other news, I will be turning 30 on Monday!! Seems crazy...time is going by too fast. Luckily 30 doesn't sound as old and decrepit as it used to!

Just one month and 3 weeks until the baby is due---we are getting very excited!!

That is all for now...I will be sure to post next week after all the weekend's festivities.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats on the wedding and the walk! What a great way to start the summer!